Policies are the backbone of the wiki. Like guidelines and rules, all users, regardless of status and position, are expected to follow them. None of these policies are ever set in stone, however. Here is a listing of our policies:
Site and Community Policies Edit
- Be bold - Don't be afraid to make edits and change things.
- Don't delete discussions - Do not remove discussion from a talk page unless it is blatant vandalism. This policy applies to user talk pages as well.
- Don't game the system - Do not try to escape punishment by gaming the rules.
- Ignore all rules - Use common sense first and then see if a policy applies to the situation in question.
- Spoiler policy - The wiki is an encyclopedia, and as such, certain information contained in articles might spoil storyline in the game. Read at your own risk.
Page and File Policies Edit
- Categorizing - Quick and easy guide about how not to categorize pages.
- Image policy - Some guidelines to follow when uploading images.
- Leaked information policy - Information that has been leaked by a company should only be used in an article if it was done so accidentally or intentionally.
- Manual of Style - Articles should follow the format, grammar, and other rules demonstrated in this manual.
- Naming policy - Pages are named as they are in the game. If the article is about a character, do not include the rank; simply title the page with the character's first name (if given) and last name.
User Policies Edit
- All editors are equal - All editors, regardless of status and position, are treated equally and have the same amount of say in their opinion.
- Assume good faith - Unless it is obvious vandalism, always assume that a user's contributions to the wiki are to improve it.
- Blocking guidelines - Destructive editors and vandals that need to be blocked should be barred from editing the wiki in increasing periods of time depending on the magnitude of vandalism or controversial edits and if they were blocked previously.
- User treatment policy - Be considerate and not disruptive.